“Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he’s carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he’s carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you’re drunk.”
One of the coolest things about living in Chilé was our immaculate ocean view. We spent many evenings watching the sun go down over the Pacific Ocean from our home in Antofagasta.
In 2009 we spent the vacation of a lifetime at the J. W. Marriott Resort in Phuket, Thailand. Sunsets like the one above were commonplace. If you have the means, I highly recommend making the effort to get there—you won’t be disappointed.
I wish I could take credit for that last photo, but I can’t. My beautiful and much more talented wife captured this one. But I was there, and it was amazing.
1. Each week, [they] provide a theme for creative inspiration. You take photographs based on your interpretation of the theme, and post them on your blog anytime before the following Friday when the next photo theme will be announced.
2. To make it easy for others to check out your photos, title your blog post “Weekly Photo Challenge: (theme of the week)” and be sure to use a “postaday2011″ or “postaweek2011″ tag.
3. Subscribe to The Daily Post so that you don’t miss out on weekly challenge announcements. Sign up via the email subscription link in the sidebar or RSS.
Now, take a picture that captures this week’s theme and post a link to it in the comments below.
All images are from my flickr, unless otherwise noted.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Textured (slightlyinsightful.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sunset (dailypost.wordpress.com)