Image courtesy of ThinkGeek.
So, in honor of the festivities that doubtless are going on in at least one geek’s parents’ basement, here is my favorite towel tip.
Sorry if this is too much info, but when I work out I sweat buckets. I keep a towel handy to mop my face, my arms, and to wipe off my gym equipment. It doesn’t take long for the towel to become so icky that I prefer letting the sweat drip off my brow rather than using it to dry my mug.
Midway through a grueling workout you may feel a little hesitant using your nasty gym towel to wipe your sweaty brow.
The best way I’ve found to keep my towel drier and/or more hygienic is to designate one side to be used only with my face. For simplicity’s sake I always look for the tag and then turn over the towel—that side is designated for my face only. The opposite side is for my arms and the flip side is for gym equipment.
This is a simple towel hack, but I’ve found that it keeps things from getting yucky.
Do you have any geeky tips for today? Sound off in the comments below.
All images are from my flickr, unless otherwise noted.
- Free Geek Pride Day Pins! (thinkgeek.com)
- Geek Pride Day is Friday, May 25th! (thinkgeek.com)
- Geek Chic: Ways to Celebrate Geek Pride Day 2012! (krisrael.com)
- It’s getting even better to be a geek, new survey finds (geekwire.com)
- We’re all geeks now: survey – msnbc.com (technolog.msnbc.msn.com)
- Geek Chic: Geeky Holidays You Need Marked on the Calendar (krisrael.com)