This Monday kids will be home from school and many businesses across the United States will close in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and his legacy.
Nearly 50 years ago Dr. King delivered one of the greatest speeches ever recorded. Watch the video below.
Are we any closer to the fulfilling of King’s dream today than we were back when he shared it in front of the Lincoln Memorial? I’m not sure—especially when the copyright for this speech belongs to a private corporation and not in the public domain where it belongs.
What can we do to make this dream a reality? Sound off in the comments below.
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr’s “I Have a Dream” Speech (desertpenguinphotos.typepad.com)
- Activists celebrate #InternetFreedomDay, post “I Have a Dream” in defiance of copyright law (thephoenix.com)
- ‘I Have a Dream’ Posted in Defiance of Copyright for Internet Freedom Day (mashable.com)
- How To Make Martin Luther King Jr’s Dream A Reality With Kids (bagladyboutiqe.wordpress.com)
- ‘I Have a Dream’ Posted to Mock EMI Copyright (pochp.wordpress.com)