Sorry Spider-Man and Batman Begins; I’ve got a new favorite superhero movie. Today I saw the Avengers. Again. And guess what? It’s … still … awesome! This time I took Bongo & Lulabelle and they loved it, too.
I’ve never been a huge fan of the Avengers. To me the team was always just the big three—Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor (none of whom were particular favorites of mine, but whose recent movies were all very, very good)—and a rotating cast of B-list superheroes who couldn’t hold their own titles.
Why do I like the movie so much more than I ever did the comics? There’s one major reason and he’s the “ enormous green rage monster” who stole every scene he appears in. The physical humor that played through in his fight with Loki and later in his sucker punch to teammate Thor were priceless! I can’t remember laughing so hard during an action movie ever.
Nothing against Eric Bana or Edward Norton, they’re both fine actors in their own right, but Mark Ruffalo played a better Bruce Banner than either of them ever were. I believed that he was equal parts genius and monster.
Have you seen the Avengers, yet? What did What did you think about Marvel’s not-so jolly, green giant? Sound off in the comments below.
All images via Cover Browser unless otherwise noted.
- Did You Know That Lou Ferrigno Helped Voice The Hulk In The Avengers Movie? (firewireblog.com)
- ‘Avengers’: Mark Ruffalo says the Hulk has ‘found his family’ (herocomplex.latimes.com)
- Mark Ruffalo to reprise role in ‘The Hulk’ series (bazaardaily.com)
- The Hulk Is the Best Avenger (oldgamereviewer.com)
- The Avengers: Rocking Socks Off Left And Right (songsofsirens.wordpress.com)